Sunday, November 28, 2004

Nellie, Anna and Lisa

I told my three dear friends in the order they were listed, and broke the golden rule - I announced that I was pregnant before 12 weeks! I figured that I should tell those closest to me...if anything happens... at least you know who you will need to lean on first.

I told Nellie and Joe on the phone the Saturday morning after I had confirmed the result one more time. We both laughed ans squeeled on the phone...it was so amazing to share the happiness I felt at that moment - I would be someone's mom and that my friend believed inme...that I might be able to pull it off ;)

Anna was in Thailand. I was so excited to tell her because the baby is due on her birthday - July 20th, 2005. I had to tell her in-person. Anna has a way of falling aprrt over big news like this...so I had to wait to see her this past weekend. It was very cute - Anna cornered me and said" look if you are pregnant you ahd better damn well tell me!" - So, I proceeded to tell her to stop being so crazy and settle down...she responded with "well then why have I got such anxiety about this?!"...so I quietly responded...because I am 7 weeks pregnant probably...Anna Looked like she was goig to fal over...then she turned white...and then really couldn't speak for a while. Rob said she loked like she saw a ghost. So I told her to put on some blush...and lip gloss (this is my answer to having to battle just about any form of fear and anxiety) and get back inside ;) After a big hug of course. Poor Anna - her first reaction was "how will I be ther for you"...You have to move to Toronto!

The morning after...Lisa D called and I told her over the phone...I didn't want her to be the only one that didn't know...Lisa started to cry...and said it was the happiest news she ever heard...she said I would be a wonderful mom...and I believed her with all my heart...


No comments: