Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Colds and Pregnancy don't mix

I caught an awful cold yesterday. So now, on top of the aches and pains in general - no I can't breathe! Now it's not just getting up int he middle of the night to pee htat is keeping me up, but my nose keeps running too!

Cold medicines are not allowed ;(

So, how am I managing? Well, more traditionally methods do not have the fast acting effect of say Nyquil, but it eventually works. I have taken about three wam baths with 2 drops each of bergamot, eucalyptus and tea tree oil. The slight elevation in temperature boostes the imune system while the oils work to clear the congestion. In addition, I made good old fashioned chicken soup, minestrone soup and I have drank plenty of liquids and have had plenty of rest.

I expect to kick this thing by tomorrow...mostly anyway.

1 comment:

sarah hb said...

You probably already know this but... incase you don't... be careful that the bath isn't too hot cos' according to this documentary I watched it can induce a miscarriage.
xx
p.s. I have been reading your blog since the beginning so keep blogging my dear and best of luck with the pregnancy etc. :)