Thursday, July 28, 2005

Birth story Part 3 - Kaia is born


Kaia is born
Originally uploaded by Viva.
By the time I reached 10 cm the pain started to move into the realm of unbearable. I was out of the tub to sit on the toilet which gave some relief but only momentarily. I needed to get back to the tub. But, at this point the pain and discomfort had reached a level where you don't know what to do with yourself, sit, stand crawl...I got down on the floor on all fours to take the pressure off my low back. It felt as if the baby was going to come out of my arse really and it felt like it was the size of a watermelon! You can't imagine the intense pain and I mean intense...then with a determined push (determined to get myself out of this excruciating pain) she torpedoed into the midwife's hands and into mine. Kaia was born at 2:10 PM July 20th.

No comments: