Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Pre-labor begins

Monday night at 10:38 PM I went into pre-labor. It is now Tuesday 4 PM and I am still in pre-labor. Pre-labor can last hours or days - I am hoping that it is not the latter. It has been 42 hours and counting.

So what does it feel like? Well, for me it feels like you are being tanglde up in knots na dessentially you kind of are. Your uterus is squeezing down with each contraction...these contractions are definaltey uncomfortable, but not completely unbearable (yet). They feel like very strong menstral cramps.

Unknown fact #1: While you read a great deal about the need for you to relax through contractions what they don't tell you is that when you try to relax through the contraction -it hurts even more, which can make it even harder to relax.

I have had the majority of my contractions through the night. They are most intense and frequent at this time and then they subdside more or less during the day. My mucus plug has begun to "melt" which is a small sign of progress - but maybe tonight will tell all - it l;ooks like we may have a night baby.

No comments: